Barrister Gohar Ali Khan Biography – PTI Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf New Chairman Barrister Gohar Ali Khan Biography Political Background Education & Professional Experience & link with Aitzaz Ahsan
- In 2008, he contested for a National Assembly seat in Buner on a Peoples Party ticket, but lost by a narrow margin.
- Being the head of the Islamabad’s office of Aitzaz Ahsan’s law firm, Barrister Gohar has handled cases at different courts, something that also brought him into close contact with Bahria Town owner, Malik Riaz.
- In 2011, the property tycoon was booked by the Anti-Corruption Establishment for encroaching upon forest land in Rakh Takht Pari, a suburb of Rawalpindi, and Gohar Ali Khan was the one who handled the case.
- According to his own website, Barrister Khan is an advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and appears in all high courts.
Education & Experience:
- He is a law graduate of Wolverhampton University, UK with an LL.M. from Washington School of Law, USA.
- He has civil and criminal trial experience and has appeared before the Supreme Judicial Council, field general court martial (FGCM) and its court of appeal.
- His clients include public and private companies and important personalities, including Imran Khan.